Tuesday 30 October 2012

Introducing: The Fallen One

Well, I got The Fallen One wired up and fettled to dramatic effect. Man, that guitar is sir and wheat (I am still catching up with this young person dialogue). It may even be sick, in some way. Who knows.

What I do know is that Marc from Mojo Pickups has hit the spot on Ye Olde Jazzmaster tone again, which is a great place to be. His Jazzmaster pickups are as good as it gets and the olde stylee wiring loom gets every drop of tone out of the thingies. Cool.

Other than that, the swamp ash body, complete with a dark oak stain and hard wax oil finish is a delight - it just feels old, which is a good thing.

The acid strewn 'plate and reverse headstock look excellent - and hurrah for me, I remembered the Strap Pins and String tree. How much better could things get? Well, I might put a second Tree on, but we'll see what the morrow brings.

The neck is a total joy though. The chap I got it from had it from an American luthier, but he didn't know who, but it is bang on the money for a Jazzmaster and I hate to say this, but it may feel a wee bit better than my own MIJ squeeze. (I whispered that, it is jealous enough with my dalliance with the fallen as it is).

And as I realise this won't hang around for long, I'm making the most of, err, setting-it-up, if you know what I mean. Very technical work that requires a number of hours of total concentration at high volume. Lovely.

I may be slightly excited about The Fallen One, it is hard to tell.

For the record, it is:

1. Two Piece swamp ash Jazzmaster body

2. Maple/Rosewood Lefty Jazzmaster neck

3. A Pair of Mojo pickups Jazzmaster Pickups

4. Mojo Pickups Jazzmaster Wiring loom - Switchcraft switch, CTS pots, PIO Caps, Cloth Wire etc.

5. Acid corroded Bronze and copper finished scratchplate and headstock

6. Mustang Bridge

7. Jazzmaster Trem

8. Lefty Kluson tuners

9. A good old fashioned dollop of love

La la laaaa




No comments: