Thursday 9 January 2014

Introducing: The Lingering Honey One

Well, it has taken a while, but the rather dapper and fresh, The Lingering Honey One is finally complete, and oh what a joy, oh what a feat....

The final touch of course, I'll mention first, was the rather beautiful scratchplate I had custom made by Custom Cool Etch, which is a stunning piece of work. Chris and Jane are nice people, and there is a lot of talent up there in the frozen North of England, or the always sunny South, if you are a Scot, and I really can't describe how chuffed I was when I saw the finished article. Utterly brilliant and really captures the whole vibe perfectly. My lovely Paisley-J, immortalised, I feel so proud.

(The fotos aren't the best - apologies - I'll do better anon)

When I started on Honey, I was thinking Deco, but with my usual obtuse directional sense, I went for a fully corroded bronze top, which has little to do with the idea. The stunningly cool Hipshot Baby Grand wraparound bridge though is more of a statement as are the Grover 190C tuners, and as for the Mojo Gold Foil - well, I think I've talked about them often enough already. But saying that, in an all mahogany guitar they do have a different tone to the ash or alder I normally play Jooky with, and it works perfectly for a Jr type of guitar. Which is handy, thinking of the Ganga6.

From the top then, The  Lingering Honey One is a set neck, single cut Les Paul Junior type of thing. The neck is nailed together by a long tenon joint (which is a must, lets face it) and the body is made from a single piece of mahogany, and indeed so is the neck. The 'board is a nice piece of rosewood and there we go.

I introduce to thee, The Lingering Honey One, cool as funky funk.

La la laaaa

No comments: