Monday 3 February 2014

Introducing:The AlcmanOne

Well, as with everything in Jookyland, it has taken a wee while longer than hoped, but I am pleased and vaguely astonished to be introducing to you to the rather spiffy and cool, The Alcman One.

And as the regular viewer will know, this is a Jazzmaster style offering, with a two-part alder body that has been lovingly finished in Daphne Blue nitro cellulose lacquer and not-so-lovingly defiled so it is knocked and chipped and crazed like a moon worshiping loon milliner.

The neck is a rather beautiful maple/rosewood jobby with binding and blocks in all the old familiar places, and some super uber neatoid Sperzel Trim-Lok tuners keeping everything on the straight and narrow.

The sparky among you will also note with glee filled gazes that this is the first Jooky to have one of the utterly wicked new logo badge things on the headstock, that those nice people at Custom CoolEtch are making for me. I've said it before by Jane CoolEtch is a demon artist and I am humbled.

The tremolo is ye olde Fender jobby and it currently boasts a Jazzmaster bridge but will instead be annoyingly brag-filled about having one of those classy Staytrem lovelies instead.

I also remembered to put the strap pins on before taking the fotos this time, which makes a pleasant change.

The final flourish and rather wowsome thing at that, is the gorgeous Mojo Pickups, Teisco style Gold Foil pickups which (without all humility) are quite brilliant and look amazing. I've put Gold Foils on Jazzmasters before of course, so know how good they sound, but they were jazzmasterified and I think these add a certain something more. OK, I don't mind  admitting that I have totally ripped the idea off from Mr Mojo himself, which makes me a genius I guess.

Of course, I've also gone for the Mojo wiring loom with top notch CTS pots, Switchcraft switches and Jack, PIO caps and Mojo laden cloth covered wire, which looks amazing (even if you'll have to trust me on that) but will of course last for decades with no bother.

And plugging this wee monster in is instant vacant grin and a little bit of dribble. I feel like Johnny Marr but obviously being from Birmingham, with a more cultured accent. (Don't laugh, try reading Shakespeare with a Brummy accent, it makes so much more sense).

But there we are, The Alcman One, which unfortunately is already taken and I guess that means I'll have to make something else now as I love it love it love it.

La la laaaa

p.s. I may be a little over-excited, apologies.













No comments: